Kenwood TS-440

Amazing, it never fails. here we are at one of the heights so far of this solar cycle, and my darn radio really starts acting up. The Kenwood TS-440 has the famous "dot" problem with the display. Not only does 15m and 17m not work, but now it is dropping out on every band. I'm not sure what direction to go from this point. I have done all the fixes to this radio, and it is still intermittently dropping out on frequency. I guess it is time to put it up on the bench again. At least this time I ahve more motivation, to get it fixed, with the solar activity that is happening. In the meantime, I am back to the old Yaesu FT-101ZD, as my backup radio. It doesn't hear as well as the kenwood, but I can still pull signals out with it.
On another note, going to my friend Al's today, to pickup the DX-100 that he has. He has been wanting to get rid of it for a while now, and when he heard that I run boat anchors on a regular basis, he was more than happy to contact me and see if I wanted it. It has been in an unheated garage for several years now, so I will have to bring the power up to the radio very slowly. keep your fingers crossed that nothing blows LOL.