Whats been happening at radio station W7DTG


Not a lot has been happening here at radio station W7DTG the last few months. The biggest thing was the transformer out back is producing less noise than it was before. It went from ans S20+ Db to S7 Db on most bands. I can now hear some stations on 20M and was able to work a few Dxpeditions as well. On 10M my noise level is about an S5, so I can hear beacons on that band during the daytime also. I also recently put up the Cushcraft R5 vertical for 10/12/15/18/20M for daytime use. Since my noise levels have dropped some, I hope to start working more DX and SKCC members again. Just need to put up something for 40M and 80M now.

Got the opportunity to go up to Chuck Jones (N7BV) for the Cq-ww CW last weekend, and had a blast! After some time in the chair, I realize that I really need to work on my run skills. I did fine at S&P (search and Pounce) but when on a run I had difficulty when more that one station called me. During a JA run on 15M it was very overwhelming when 10 stations came back to me at once. I am going to be on the lookout for good training software so that I can improve.
All in all, Chuck and Karen were very gracious hosts, with lots of good food and hot coffee, as well as snacks during the entire weekend.

Other than radio, I have been working 40+ hours a week at my job. Not bad for a part time job. I show up early for work and stay til the work is done most days. After a while the manager usually has to chase me out to keep me from getting to many hours. I have also been promoted to full time, but it has yet to kick in to the system. I wont be working anymore than I do now, I will just be getting some benefits.

Other than that, just been active on 2 meters checking into the local nets during the week. I have yet to make it to a CCARC club meeting, since most nights I close the shop. Hope to make it someday.

Have a good Weekend, and 73 es gud DX tu de W7DTG